New Art for 2017

Happy New Year to all and apologies for the late posting. I've been quite busy for some time working on a few projects and managed to complete one that's been on top of my list. I had a friend pose for me with her leather jacket and holding one of my practice swords at the martial arts gym in Burlington one night so I could use several shots to get it right and I went with the pose shown in the illustration below, especially with spikes on her jacket inspired by the artistry of Toxic Vision

This piece has been in the works for months and finally produced on Procreate on iPad Pro and then it was given the finishing touches on Clip Studio Paint ( formerly Manga Studio ). The more I worked with Procreate, the more impressed I get especially with the Apple Pencil. That thing is so sensitive that I can make wispy lines to the thickest.

Lo and behold the darkness of things that crawl out of the shadows!

Dark DesecrationIt's also now for sale as an art print on my Society6 store

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Update On The Dark Mistress

It's been a while as I've been busy with taxes and doing some other important things in my life, but I had to go back and make some corrections to fix technical issues. I bought a print for myself from my Society6 store and it took a few days for it to arrive. The paper quality is fantastic, that much I can say.

This is how it looked.

Actual print in medium size. It looked awesome in person.I noticed a glaring problem with the contrast and saw the half tones on the supernatural wolf was apparent and in the trees. Doing some research, I realized that the business was using a large scale inkjet printer and got some help from an expert in one forum called Runtime DNA where one discussion board belongs to the Manga Studio afficionados. It was with great fortune that the expert made some clever suggestions in converting the half tones to a flatter gray which was far faster than just deleting them and re-painting them. 

And so, I managed to fix that and saved it as a new version.

New version of Tenebrarum Domina Luporum.From that point on, I uploaded it that same evening to replace the old one immediately because this was the intended result I wanted with the cleaner tones. I truly believe that the next time I get a new 'test' print, it's going to look even better without the glaring dot tones like last time.

At least, I learn something new every day.

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.