This was the fourth fencing mask, a used one the coach let me borrow, I just painted with my airbrush which was supposed to be on display at the recent Middlebury Annual fencing tournament, however there wasn’t time and one of the parts went missing. It turned out I misplaced the crown cap that went missing and had to go to an airbrush forum for help on finding the right part for it. After all, as a completist myself, I like having my airbrush entirely intact and ready for use. Fortunately, a good samaritan quickly responded to a post I made and offered to send me a part by mail which just saved me a lot of time and trouble.
One can see that the Medea part that came in the mail actually fit my classic Iwata HP-C beautifully which has lasted me for over 20 years and still going like a workhorse.
And then once I was able to figure out how to clear up the fluid nozzle, the needle glided perfectly back and forth without any resistance of dried paint internally. It was like the good old days have returned with restored fine lines during the test run. From that point on, I started to use the black, white and red Wicked Color set to finish up the fencing mask project. The result ended up as a gargoyle or some sort of demonic face with horns.